Saturday, June 19, 2010

Baby Thongs

I recently read a quote where the person was discussing the new trend in children's clothing. It would be inaccurate to even say children's clothing in general, as it seems to be a trend concerning little girls clothing. The quote cited an example from a t-shirt made for young girls that read, "So many boys, so little time". That's not the worst thing I've ever encountered, but what struck me as strange was where it said stores are now making thongs for young girls. When I say young, I mean nine year olds.

I was chatting with a manager the other day about this particular topic, and she told me that a few years ago, Abercrombie & Fitch was sued because they were selling thongs at their children's store, abercrombie. I had never heard about this, but was totally put off. Why do girls that young need to wear thongs? I can't even imagine what kind of parent would buy this for the daughter. It's just so crazy to me.

We're robbing our little girls of their childhoods. They have all the rest of their adult lives to be sexy. Let them play with their dolls and ride their bikes. Leave the thongs for a few years down the road.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. It's a shame that these stores have no consideration for how these girls will grow up when their first thong they worse was then they were 8. It's gross and wicked creepy. I can remember the first time I got mine, was with 3 of my other girlfriends. We were in middle school and thought it was such a big deal to e buying such grown up clothing. But to think now stores like Abercrombie for kids are selling it is horrible because we all know American love A &F and little kids just want the "older teen look"- but THONGS?! GOD BLESS whoever sued those Abercrombie sons of Bi****s

    ReplyDelete