Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ra Ra Ra A A


I went to see Lady Gaga in concert last week, and honestly, I was blown away by her performance. I think a lot of people, including the media, don't give her enough credit for how talented she really is. I'm not usually a huge pop fan, so for me to say this is a little scary. When you support such controversial figures, it opens you up to criticism from other people. Whatever, bring it on haters!

The media portrays Gaga as a freak in weird clothes, but it's so much more than that. This girl can actually sing. As a matter of fact, girl's got pipes! She writes her own songs, which a lot of famous performers can't say, and she plays piano. She does all this while in a bra and panties, rocking ridiculous heels and covered in fake blood.

The thing I thought was so awesome about her was the way she spoke to her audience. If I personally knew her, she might be my best friend (sorry Stef). She comes across as so kind, and she truly loves the people who support her. I think this is a side of her she doesn't show often, especially in interviews. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard her speak before this occasion. She's coming back to Boston again is March, and I think I might have to go again. You should too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great review on the show. I have to admit that I too have been a little hard on the eccentric singer and song writer. I too thought she was just a rich New Yorker, who stole the stage by awing people with her out of this world out fits, and high energy cheer leading music. But over the time I've seen that not only has she persevered through all the Hollywood non-sense, but she's been musically consistent in creating catchy tunes, and capturing the audience by jaw dropping performances. I love Alihaundro song-so she is slowly growing on me. I am very happy she is good t her audience because some stars get caught up in the fame and fortune they forget what really got them there in the first place.

    ReplyDelete