Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mass Movies


I was checking out the website for the Massachusetts Film Office recently, and I must say it is very cool. I knew they were offering tax credits to film makers, and that there's an emerging film industry here, but I had no idea how many films were made here, and how many businesses have sprouted up as a result.

The website provides any film maker, small time or big time, with lists of resources to make the best film possible. It gives you links to places where you can get your film financed, and places to get costumes, film crew, writers, equipment, and literally anything else you might need to make a movie. I don't even make movies, and I find myself wanting to do one because it just sounds friggen awesome. Maybe sometime soon, I'll get started on a script (haha).

The real reason why I think this website is so awesome though, is that it has so many lists of film related businesses in the state, and I have been looking for a new job. Maybe I can use this resource for my own, non-film-maker benefit. Just a thought, but a pretty sweet one.

No comments:

Post a Comment